Google Maps updated
The team at weblaunch have updated the version of Google Maps used on the weblaunch platform to version 3, the newest version available from Google.
"We updated Google Maps principally to make it easier to use for our customers" reports Bruce Hazelton, weblaunch director. "The previous version of Google Maps required an API key which many of our customers found confusing and a bit of a pain."
The Google Maps API key is a long collection of letters and numbers generated by Google that is unique to each website with a Google Map. In version 2 this had to be sent to Google with each request for a map i.e. every time a visitor landed on a page containing a map. The API key had to be generated on the Google Maps website and copied and pasted into the weblaunch control panel.
"Removing the need to generate an API key just makes things simpler for our customers, and that's what we want."concludes Bruce.
- Weblaunch GDPR compliance
- 25th May 2018
- We're pleased to announce that Weblaunch is fully GDPR compliant, and most weblaunch customers need… more...
- Testimonial star ratings now built in
- 27th March 2018
- We're pleased to announce another upgrade to our testimonials.We've added testimonial headings and… more...
- More enhancements to Weblaunch
- 9th February 2018
- After listening to feedback from our customers we've made some updates to our system to make it… more...
- February's News
- News Archive